1. Ronnie Brown- In 2007 he was taking over as the best back in the league. Over his last five games he averaged over 105 yd/game, and scored 4tds. He also had 31 receptions with one touchdown. He was starting to dominate defenses and was leading the league in yards from scrimmage….that is until he blew out his knee. In his first action back in 2008 he produced 900 yds rushing and 11 total tds. Being one year removed from the knee injury, Ronnie is poised to continue his ascention to the top of the rb ranks. He’ll have an excellent, young, powerful line to run behind and he will likely gain from being the rb in the wildcat formation.
2. Felix Jones- Pure electric. This guy showed flashes of brilliance before running into injury problems in 2008. He has AP juke moves, and can score from anywhere on the field. If you look at his stats, you’ll have a bad taste in your mouth. When he gives fans a taste of his game breakability, they’ll make jerry put him on the field.
3. Leon Washington- Electric…..just like Felix. He can score at any time. The difference is Leon can do it just about every way there is. He gets touches in the return game, the running game, and the passing game. I expect him to get more carries this year as Thomas jones has had some sour relations with the organization.
4. Ray Rice – He will be a first year starter, so is pretty much guaranteed to have a breakout year. He still looks like the bowling ball that ran over defenses in the big east.
5. Cedric Benson – I know, I know. Its tough to pick Cedric Benson as an overachiever. Nobody can really rationalize that based on his production as a pro. But it appears that he is the main man in Cincy. He looked good the end of last year despite having a low yards per carry. With a full training camp under his belt, he is poised for a redemption song. Its just too bad he wont have Andre Smith to run behind.